Thursday, 4 May 2017

 

Kat Von D and Too Faced Collaboration // First Impressions 



Heeey everyone, my final assignments for second year are all submitted, just one exam next week and then I'm finally free for Summer! I'm at that point in the semester where I could just sleep for a whole week.



So I actually didn't realise but when I was looking for some make up, Debenhams actually have a decent sale page, so naturally I picked up some bits I wouldn't usually pay full price for.



I've been keen to try the Kat Von D tattoo liquid liner for quite a while now, so when I saw this was on sale with the infamous Too Faced better than sex mascara from their recent collaboration, I had to pick it up. Currently, it's not on their offers page so the full price for this is £18, but I paid around £14 for it, which did seem quite pricey but I had high expectations. 







There's 4.8g of the mascara and 0.2ml of the liquid liner, so you literally get the teeeeniest amount for that price. I didn't read how much you got before hand so when this arrived I was quite shocked at how little they were. Definitely in between travel and sample sizes. 


Sooooo I tried them both out at the same time, this was my first time ever using both of these products but I've seen some amazing reviews so I was super excited.






Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara

Honestly, I wasn't blown away by this and definitely won't be purchasing it at full price. It's veeryyy clumpy and thick although didn't really do too much for my eyelashes. Yes, it made them thick and full but nothing that my drugstore mascaras don't do for a lot smaller price. The only positive thing which came out of this mascara is that it does stay on for a very long time, rather than getting flakey during the day but other than that it was pretty average.





Kat Von D Tattoo Liner 

Now, this is definitely a new holy grail of mine. I LOVE IT! The pigment is fantastic, and its so precise with a really good quality nib, so you can do a thin line, or make it buildable really easily. It stays on foreeeverrr (not literally, but you know what I mean!) When I was taking my make up off after a full day, I did have to put some extra effort to take this off. It doesn't go all dull and faded like some liquid liners do, it stays in place and stays well pigmented throughout the wear. 10/10 would recommend if you're looking to try something new, or if you're curious about it definitely give it a whirl. 






So, in my opinion this collab was kind of pricey, especially this set considering how tiny the products are. But, I did end up absolutely loving the liner so to me, it was worth it just to discover this product. The packaging is super cute, and I love the embossed effect of the roses, I think that good packaging always makes me feel a bit more positive about the product because hey, at least they've made an effort. 



Did you manage to pick up anything from this collaboration?! X





1 comment:

  1. These products look amazing! I'd really like to try the 'better than sex' mascara! Great review xo

    https://therecklesslifestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete